Developed by Joseph Pilates in the 20th century, pilates is a form of physical exercise which is now often used in conjunction with Osteopathy & Physiotherapy to create Clinical Pilates, which is normally performed on a 1-2-1 basis.
Clinical Pilates or 121 Pilates involves designing a rehabilitation plan tailored to each individual’s specific needs. Pilates is suitable for people of all ages and all levels of fitness, from a novice to elite athletes. In clinic however, we often help with pre and post pregnancy, pre and post surgery as well as athletes looking to improve overall fitness.
“Pilates is suitable for people of all ages
and all levels of fitness
There are numerous benefits of Clinical Pilates such as:
• Improvement of core stability and pelvic floor. Ideal for pregnancy (pre and post natal). During pregnancy your body makes several changes as well as adding additional strains on the body. Pilates helps address strains and muscle imbalances, helping you to return to your normal movement patterns.
• Reduction of neck and back pain, especially where muscle weakness and imbalance is concerned. Specific tailored rehabilitation through a 121 Pilates course can help to address theses issues and restore normal muscular function.
• Improvement of posture and flexibility, particularly for those who are sedentary or prefer low impact exercise.
• Prevention of injury and an aid to rehabilitation especially for those who are prone to injury.
• Improvement of overall fitness, balance, coordination and endurance. Pilates is great in conjunction with sports and competition training. Elite football clubs and Olympic teams often use pilates to improve overall performance.
At bodytonic clinic we offer a free consultation where you can visit the clinic, meet your practitioner and find out how pilates can benefit you. There’s no obligation to go ahead with a full pilates session but there is time to do so if you wish.
Visit bodytonicclinic.co.uk/121-clinical-pilates-london/ or further information or call one of the team today.
1st Floor Suite 13, Dock Offices
Surrey Quays Road
and other clinics in Stratford and Wapping
t: 0203 606 0493